- Co-display: Where one or more reports are displayed on the same report.
- Tabbed reports: Where multiple reports are added to a master report using tabs
The benefit of these options is that you can show multiple reports within a single master report that have unrelated data sets but are of common interest to the user.
Creating a Co-Display
- To create a Co-Display report, tick the Co-Display check box on the Report Options Analysis menu.
- Progress to the Related Reports step of the Report Builder using the navigation at the top of the page. You will now need to search for the child report you wish to add, using the left hand report list panel.
- Drag your report into the appropriate Related Reports area. As you are using a Co-Display option, you will need to select the location and display type of the child report from: Tabbed Co-Display, Co-Display Top, Co-Display Right, Co-Display Bottom.
When setting up your Co-Display you have the choice to use a 'Tabbed' option. This will mean the child report will be displayed on a seperate tab to that of the main report, for example:
With Yellowfin you can include a user prompt filter on your report and share that filter with your Co-Display reports.
- To do this, create your child report with the user prompt filter that you wish to use.
- Next create your master report, set up your Co-Display as detailed above.
- Yellowfin will recognise that a user prompt is required by the child report and prompt you for linked field data. You will be able to either link the co-display report to a field within the master report or to share a filter within the master report.
- Link the master and child fields to allow Yellowfin to associate the correct parameters with both the master and the child.
Editing a Child Report
When editing your reports you may attempt to edit a report that is used as a child report for another report. If you delete a field from your report that is required by your parent report the parent report will fail. Your users, if they do not have edit access to reports, will not be able to fix the error. Therefore, be very careful when editing or deleting your reports so that you do not impact on related reports.
Uncheck this option if you wish to remove the report title from the co-display report
Uncheck this option if you wish to remove the report description from the co-display report
Fit to Parent
Check this item if you want the co-display report to be stretched to fit the parent report. Note this option will only work for reports where the child is narrower than the parent report.
Set the width of the border by typing in a numeric value for the pixels you want.