The KPI tab differs from a standard dashboard tab in that Reports are run as a regular task against predefined targets – the results include:
- Current Status
- Trend of the report over time
- Actual versus target and variance
- And the last relevant time period (as displayed below)
Benefits of this style of tab include:
- Data is easy to interpret – users can quickly identify which business measures are on target or not.
- Multiple Metrics can be displayed on a single tab for quick access
- Trends in the report are displayed providing users with an understanding of both current status and direction of the data.
See also: KPI Tab Tutorial
Creating a KPI Tab
- The creation of a KPI tab is similar to a standard tab. Simply click the Create option in the main navigation bar, select Dashboard Tab > KPI Tab.
- This will return you to the tab where you can add reports by searching for them in the report list in the left hand side and dragging them onto portlets.
Using a KPI Tab
The status will display an icon that indicates whether or not the measure has met your target thresholds.
The menu drop down lets you manage the KPI report. You can view, print email, and export it.
The title of the KPI metric. Click on the hyperlink to see detail.
The trend compares the current version of the KPI report run with the previous versions and indicates whether there has been a change in the trend, the direction of the trend and whether the trend is good or bad.
The current actual value of the metric as returned in the report.
The target value as set for the KPI metric
The difference between the Actual and Target values.
% of Target
A bullet chart that assists you to visualize performance and compare all metrics on an equal basis.
The specific date for when the KPI is relevant.