When to Use
You want to show the relationship of parts to the whole. Use a pie chart to highlight proportions rather than actual values. If it is important to show actual values in the chart, avoid using the pie chart type.
Similar to the pie chart, but in three a dimensional form.
Used to highlight individual component sizes in a system of multiple components.
Similar to the pie chart, but in a circular ring form.
Chart Data Options
This is the category label for the X axis
Typically a numeric value such as $. An item that you want to measure on your Chart
Pie Chart Tutorial
In order to set up a Pie Chart you will need:
- Create a report with chart display
- Select a field to use as the Colour
- Select a field to use as the Size
- Create your chart, selecting Pie as the type
- Provide the Colour and Size options
- Customise the Chart as required
- Proceed to the Output step
- Save your report
1. Start the Report creation process by using one of these methods:
- Left Side Nav - open the left side navigation panel, click on Create, select the Report option
- Top Right Button - click on the create button, select the Report option.
- Toolbar - click on the Create link in the toolbar, select the Report option.
You will now see the New Report lightbox.
|Left Side Nav|
(with Left Side Navigation enabled)
2. Click on the Ski Team view in order to use the fields defined within it for creating the report.
3. You will now be taken to the Data step of the Report Builder.
4. Add Camp Demographic and Camp Rating to Columns.
5. Proceed to the Charts step of the builder.
6. Select the Pie chart from the Pie section of the charts panel on the right of the screen.
7. Set the following components:
- Colour: Camp Demographic
- Size: Avg Camp Rating
8. Save your report