A report can be set up to have more than one broadcast schedule. This allows you to have different schedules and audiences for the same report. Once you have enabled Broadcasting you will be able to schedule reports for regular delivery from the Broadcast menu.
Note: your report must be active to define a broadcast schedule.
There are three delivery types available:
|Broadcast (personal and shared)|
This allows for report results to be sent to users via email. A personal broadcast is only sent to the user who created it.
This allows report results to be pushed out using FTP.
- An Administrator will need to enable Broadcasting on the Data Source Connection:
- Navigate to Administration > Admin Console > Data Sources from your left side navigation, and choose your preferred data source.
- When at the Connection page, expand Usage Parameters, and enable the Broadcast toggle.
Next, expand Connection Settings, and ensure that the Authentication Adapter field is not set to Pass-through authentication. (If it is, change it to Standard authentication, otherwise broadcasting will be disabled.)
- Click Save.
- An Administrator will need to enable the Broadcasting Role Permissions for User Roles that require it
- The Report Writer will need to enable Broadcasting on the Report
See Report & Edit Menus for more information.