1. Start the Report creation process by using one of these methods:
You will now see the New Report lightbox.
|Left Side Nav|
(with Left Side Navigation enabled)
2. Click on the Ski Team view in order to use the fields defined within it for creating the report.
1. You will now be on the Data step of the builder, where you will define the fields used in your report, format them, and define any filters, sections and other advanced options for your report.
2. On the left you will see a list of folders, expand the Time folder in order to access time related fields.
3. Drag and drop the Year field into the preview area, as pictured here.
You could also drag it directly into the Column or Rows list if you prefer. Dragging into the Columns list creates a Year column that goes down the page, where the Rows creates a Year row that goes across the page.
4. Expand the Athlete Payment category and drag the Invoiced Amount field next to the Year field in either the Columns or Preview area.
5. Expand the Athlete category and drag the Athlete ID field between the Year and Sum Invoiced Amount fields.
6. Click on the drop down menu on the Athlete ID field and set the Aggregation to Count Distinct.
Your report should now look like the on pictured here.
7. Click on the Column Formatting icon in the main Formatting bar in order to open the formatting menu. Here, you can apply conditional formatting to the columns.
8. Select the Count Distinct Athlete ID field to open its options.
9. Change the Display name of the field to Athletes.
10. Select the Sum Invoiced Amount field and change the name to Invoiced.
11. Click the X button on the top-right corner of the Column Formatting menu to close it and apply changes.
Your report should now look like the one pictured here.
1. Click on the Charts link in the main navigation bar in order to progress to the Chart Builder step.
You will now have a list of fields on the left side of the builder that are available from the table you defined on the Data step.
2. Drag the Year field into the Horizontal Axis component of the Auto Chart builder.
3. Drag the Invoiced field into the Vertical Axis component.
You will now have generated a line chart. In order to change the chart type manually, you will need to switch from the Auto Chart builder to a specific type.
4. Open the Select Chart panel on the right of the screen.
5. Locate the Pie section and choose a basic Pie Chart.
Your chart will now change to a Pie.
6. Click on the Labels formatting menu in the main navigation bar in order to enable some labelling.
7. Set the Labels display to On and select the Category and Percentage options.
8. Click X to close the menu and apply your label settings.
Your chart should now look like the one pictured here.
1. Click on the Output link in the main navigation bar in order to progress to the Report Output step. Here you can apply formatting options and save the report.
2. Click on the Report link in the main navigation bar and select the Save option.
3. Define a Name and Description for the report, then provide Category and Sub Category options for storage.
4. Click on the Save button to save your report and activate it for consumer use.
5. Your report should now look like the one pictured here.