Yellowfin’s platform has an integrated data extraction and transformation module to enable users to manipulate data into a format better suited to reporting and analytics. With this module, it is possible to extract data, transform it and then store the transformed data into a target database.
The Data Transformation module has a simple drag-and-drop builder to help you create Transformation Flows. These flows consist of "steps", each performing a different function. Following are the three main types of steps:
- Input steps: These steps allow you to extract data from any data source and import it into the platform to be transformed. This is the first step that you will need to configure.
- Transformation steps: Yellowfin allows you to transform your data in a variety of ways. This could be anything from aggregating your data to generating predictions based on data science models.
- Output steps: Once the data has been converted, it will need to be stored. Use the output step to load data into a database.
These steps can be joined up to configure complex flows which can then be run immediately, or scheduled to run at specific time intervals.
Refer to the links below for details on this module and how to use it.
Prerequisites: Learn how to configure your user roles for security access to the transformation module.
Getting Started: Get a better understanding of this module and its various components.
Input Steps: Learn about the different ways data can be extracted.
- Transformations: Click here to view all types of transformations that can be performed on the data.
- Output Steps: This guide provides instructions on how to store data into a database.
Example Flow: Use this guide to learn how to create a basic transformation flow using the Data Transformation module.