In this scenario our main report will have a list of athletes that attended camps in the current year. We will then create a list of athletes from the previous year, and only return a list of athletes that are in both. This will effectively give us a list of athletes that are return customers from last year.
1. Start the Report creation process by using one of these methods:
- Left Side Nav - open the left side navigation panel, click on Create, select the Report option
- Top Right Button - click on the create button, select the Report option.
- Toolbar - click on the Create link in the toolbar, select the Report option.
You will now see the New Report lightbox.
|Left Side Nav|
(with Left Side Navigation enabled)
2. Click on the Ski Team view in order to use the fields defined within it for creating the report.
3. You will now be taken to the Data step of the Report Builder.
4. Drag and drop theAthlete ID, First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth dimensions into the Columns list.
5. Drag and drop theYear dimension into the Filters list.
6. Click on the + button in the Sub Query panel to the left of the Data step to add a Sub Query.
7. Set the Type to Intersect and Style to Basic.
8. Click Ok to set up the query.
9. Set the Filter on the Master Query to apply to the Athlete ID field. This is how rows to be used from the master query will be located, matching the ID field.
10. Set the To Match field on the Sub Query to be the Athlete ID field. This will list all Athete ID values to be matched to the master query.
11. Drag the Year field into the Sub Query Filters list. This will be used to restrict the list of Athlete IDs to a certain date range.
12. Change the name of the Sub Query to Last Year.
13. Click Save to complete the Intersect.
14. If you need to make changes to your sub query setup at all, click the Edit Settings link.
15. Click on the Settings link in the Filters panel. This will allow you to configure logic and values for both filters.
16. Set the Master Query filter to be Year Between
17. Click the Define Value link and select the Pre-defined Period option.
18. Select the This Calendar Year option and click the Submit button.
Sub Query Filter
19. Navigate to the sub query filter by clicking on the Prior Years tab.
20. Set the filter to be filter to be Year Between
21. Click the Define Value link and select the Pre-defined Period option.
22. Select the This Calendar Year option and click the Submit button.
23. Close the Configure Filters panel.
24. Click Report > Save to activate your report.
25. Set the Name of your report to Intersect Sub Query Tutorial.
26. Set the Description to This report was written using the Sub Query Tutorial.
27. Select Tutorial as the Category.
28. Select Training as the Sub Category.
29. Click Activate to finish.
30. You now have an active Intersect Sub Query report.