This general set up process is suitable for installing and running Yellowfin on a Windows, Linux, or Mac OSX based desktop or laptop.
This guide shows how to set up Yellowfin for the following use cases:
- Installing Yellowfin on a Windows, Linux, or Mac OSX based desktop or laptop for evaluation or training purposes.
- Installing Yellowfin on a Windows, Linux, or Mac OSX based server for evaluation, training or production purposes.
Estimated installation time (for first time install) is about 30 to 60 minutes. This includes time for preparation to install, the installation process, and starting the Yellowfin application for the first time.
- Phase 1: Prerequisites - This section covers all the hardware and software requirements that you will need prior to beginning installation. Ensure you have all the hardware and software requirements ready.
- Phase 2: Installation - This section covers the step-by-step guide on the Yellowfin installation process.
- Phase 3: Post installation - This section includes details on how to start Yellowfin, and logging in. Additional help is provided on getting started with your analytics application.