In order to enable multiple languages, the following process must be completed:
- Create content
- Define which languages should be supported in the system
- Enable Translation in Configuration & appropriate Role Permissions
- Export User Entered Text as a CSV
- Translate CSV for all required languages
- Import translations back into the system
- Allow users to change their preferred language through Browser settings or My Profile
- Maintain Translations
Enabling Content Translation
- The Translation Role Permission must be enabled by
- Navigating to Administration > Admin Console > Role Management
- Edit the Role(s) you wish to give Translation Access to
- Enable the Administration > Translate Content permission
- Save your changes
Note: in order to access the newly enabled Translation functionality, users will have to log out and then log in.
Note: this is only required in order for a user to translate content themselves, users do not require this role permission to merely view the translated content.
- Define the languages to be supported in the system by
- Navigating to Administration > Configuration > Region tab, expanding the Language Settings section.
- Set Multi-Language Deployment to On
- Select the required languages and click +
- You should now have a list of supported languages.
- Click Save to update the settings.