- Locate the field(s) you wish to use either by;
- Keyword Search at the top of the View Fields List
- Opening the field category(s) they are located in
- Select the field by clicking on it. If you have multiple fields to add hold down the Ctrl/Command or Shift keys while selecting the fields.
- Drag the field(s) into the desired Column or Row list (see Layout Options below for more information on where to place your fields) or directly into the preview panel.
- You will now see a preview of the table. Continue adding fields as required.
These are typically text fields and are used to describe the data. Data may include dates as plain text, which can not be used for date calculations.
|Date/time||These are date/time fields that can be used to calculate, sort and filter. They can also be formatted like a typical date/time field.|
These are the numeric values to be measured in the report. For example, sales sum, customer count, event count, average age.
|Property||Property details of the dimension fields. This appears when a connection to SAP BW's BEx layer is established.|
These are fields defined in the view to be used as filters in the report with pre-defined values attached, saving the user time defining the same filters over multiple reports.
These are like the pre-defined filters above, but are sets of filters, some of which may be set to user prompt rather than having set values.
These are fields used to capture a value from the user which is then passed through to calculated fields or filters in the report.
The most common form of table output, all fields added are displayed as a column in the table layout, with the field name used as the column header.
A variant the column layout, all fields added are displayed as a row in the table layout, with the field name used as the row header.
A special layout that allows you to summarise data by using both Column and Row headers with Metric fields making up the body of the table. This display is sometimes referred to as a Pivot.
See Table Layouts for more information.
The fields shown in this type of message must be included into the field or filter section of the report. For example:
A variation of the mandatory field section validation is when a selected field in the table is being aggregated by sum or average. Constraints can be set when this occurs so that meaningful data is presented in the report. To proceed with your report you can remove the sum or average aggregation on the selected field or drag the relevant fields indicated in the validation message into the report.
When a suggested field or filter occurs, a messages box will appear with the suggestion. The user can chose to include this field or filter into the report or to ignore the suggestion.
- Select the field in the Columns/Rows list it's placed in, open the drop down menu and select Delete
- Select the field in the Columns/Rows list it's placed in, and drag it to an area of the page that cannot contain a field (as pictured)
- Select the field in the Columns/Rows list it's placed in, and drag it to its new position
- Select the field header in the Table Preview area, and drag it to its new position