Getting access to the Story module
Ensure that users have access to the Story module by enabling the correct role functions.
Allows users to view, create, edit or delete Stories.
Allows users to share a published Story.
Allows users to edit and delete any private or public Stories.
|External Content*||Allows you to embed content from external reporting tools.|
*Found under the 'General' section on the role functions page.
Administrators can enable/disable these role functions:
- Access the Admin Console module, and on expanding the Roles tab, select the user role for which this functionality is to be enabled.
- From the list of role functions, expand the Story tab, and select the checkbox for the Story role functions that you want to enable. See the list above for description of each.
- (Optional step) If you wish to embed reports from Tableau, PowerBI or other external reporting tools, then expand the General tab, and select the External Content role function.
- Then click Save to ensure that this setting is saved.
- All users assigned these roles will then be able to perform Story related functionality. However, currently active users will first need to log out of the system and then back in again for this to take effect.
Understanding your Story Builder
This section covers the different components and options that you will encounter in the Story module when in draft mode.
Note: Your Story Builder will not have some of these options visible when you first open it, until you start your story by entering text or a title.
Details of the story author, that is the user who creates the story.
Shows when the story was last modified.
Used to enter or edit a story title.
Story title display
The entered title of the Story is displayed here.
Build your story by adding text and other story artifacts, including reports, snapshots, bookmarks, images, or videos.
Adds/displays a header image at the top of your story.
Use this Publish button to save and activate a story. Unless published, the story will remain in draft mode. Published stories can be viewed by all or specific users.
Provides additional options to manage the story:
Exits the Story Builder and returns to the previous page.
Brings up the Activity Panel to add comments and tasks to a Story.
*Option will become visible when your start creating your Story.