|Table of Contents|
You will now be taken to the Group Details page where you will have to provide the following:
- Name: enter a name for the group that will be used to identify it throughout the system.
- Description: enter a description for the group that will help define its intended use.
- Group Status: activate the group in order to use it throughout the system.
- Group Security: secure the group if you only wish group members to be able to make adjustments to the group.
If you wish to automatically add dashboard tabs to a user’s dashboard when they are created you can assign the default tabs for a user group. Choose the tab and click ‘add’ to add them to the list of tabs. The order you add tabs to a user group will be the order they are sorted on the dashboard (see the numbered list pictured below). All these tabs will be created for a new user when they first login to Yellowfin.
Note: this only adds tabs to new users when they are created, once added users can then remove these tabs if they desire.
To assign users to a group you will have to create member records. This is done by deciding how members should be assigned. To assign members you can either add in specific users or specific types of users. For example you could create a group that includes all users with the role of ‘Public Writer’. The following member types are available from within Yellowfin:
Individual users of Yellowfin.
If you wish to select all users from a selected Yellowfin role – such as administrators then select role.
Pre-existing groups that have been created in the group management list.
If you have configured your assess to use LDAP directories then you will be able to select an LDAP group. Yellowfin will synchronise with this group on a daily basis.
The member control allows you to determine if the user should be included or excluded from the group. For Example you might want to include all Public Writers in a group but exclude John Smith.
If a user is excluded from a group then this overrides any record from which they might be included. The exclusion process is the last step of building the group members.
- Select the type of member you want to add to a group
- Determine if you wish to include or exclude them from the group
- Click add to add them into the members list
Once complete, click Save to add the group.