To do that, you must have a server license. This allows users to view Yellowfin reports without logging in.
- External Access needs to be enabled. This is done from Administration > Configuration > Authentication:
- You need to setup a ‘Guest Role’: Once you have External Access enabled, you will have an option to create a new role as ‘Guest’:
- Confirm the Base URL: Set base URL which will be used to form a report/dashboard URL. This base URL should be available for users (external from website or internal within your network).
- Confirm the Report security level is Unsecure: You will also need to confirm the report security level is set to ‘unsecure’. These settings are applied to the Report Category, you need to create unsecured Category:
- Then save the reports/dashboards which are supposed to be accessed via Guest role in that Category.
- If you have met all the criteria mentioned above you will now be able to send the URL from the Report Information to a user or browse embedded report/dashboard without login.
- You can also access 'unsecure' dashboard tabs and reports on that tab.
- The user will be able to access areas of Yellowfin defined in the guest role.
- You will need to have a Server license enabled to allow external access.