In order for a user to view content in their preferred language they will have to complete the following steps:
- Navigate to your Profile Settings by clicking on your name in the main navigation bar and selecting the Settings tab on the end.
- Scroll down to the Regional Settings section and define a Preferred Language
Note: Updating the Preferred Language here will also mean that system text uses this language if there is a translation available.
Note: If the language selected is Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, the user should select a Preferred Font to be used for PDF exports.
- Click on the Save button to update the settings.
Note: if no Preferred Language is set, then the browser default language will be used. If there is no translation available for this language, the Original Text will be displayed.
When translatable content, Views, Reports, and Dashboards, are edited, the user will be prompted to flag the item as Changed. This provides the Changed count on the Content Translation page (see Translating Content System Wide) section.
To flag content for translation, simply select Yes on the following prompt after activation.
When editing content, if the Copy function is used, it’s important to understand the following:
- If you copy translated content, the copy will not be translated.
- The copy will use the original text, so it won’t necessarily be the text the user was viewing when creating the copy.
There are several methods of sharing content in Yellowfin, including:
Each of these methods makes use of translated content where possible, following these guidelines:
- If the user has a preferred language, and shared content will be displayed in this language unless no translation is found, in which case the original text will be used
- When exporting report and dashboard results, the language currently set for the exporting user will be displayed, otherwise original text