This procedure will help explain how to use the Set Analysis charting function. To learn more about this function, click here.
In our example, we will create a custom data set to view only the profits generated by male athletes in all the regions.
- Ensure that your report includes metric fields.
- Based on our example, we will use the Region field for one of the axis.
- Drag the set analysis function to the other axis field in your chart builder.
- A popup should appear, requiring information on the customized data set to create.
- Provide a name for your data set.
- Choose a metric field that your set will be based on. (Based on our example, this would the profit field.)
- Select a filter field from the drop down to filter your metric field data. (We will choose the gender field as intended in our example.)
- Then choose an operator and click on the define value to complete the filter.
- Select a value for your filter (e.g. male) and click on the Submit button.
- A filter logic will also show the filters applied to our data set. You can always add more filters to further filter down your data set.
- Click on the Submit button. The chart builder will display the filtered metric data.