Follow the instructions below to connect Yellowfin to a Clickhouse data source.
Before you use Clickhouse as a data source, Yellowfin needs a driver to connect to it. Yellowfin does not ship with the driver due to licensing/paywall considerations, but you can upload your preferred driver via the Yellowfin Plugin Manager.
Once you have uploaded a driver for Clickhouse, follow the steps below connect your data source.
Follow these steps to create and authenticate this connection.
- Click on the yellow Create button and select Data Source from the list
- Click on the Database data source in the top left corner
- Type in a name and (optional) description for this data source, then select the driver from the dropdown list
Yellowfin will pre-fill some of the fields below, but others will require manual input
- Enter values into the remaining fields, using your Clickhouse database details
Click on the arrow to the right of the Create View button and choose the option (see Creating a Basic Data Source Connection for more information on each of these options)
- Choose your preferred option to complete the steps.
We recommend testing the connection, and then saving it by using the Save & Close button.