The latest version of Yellowfin offers the following major enhancements:
- No longer a singular BI platform, Yellowfin has transformed into a suite of five products. The Yellowfin Suite comprises five industry-leading components with different capabilities like automated analysis, storytelling, dashboard monitoring, data analysis, and data preparation. Each component can be used individually or as part of the complete integrated suite.
- Yellowfin Signals discovers and surfaces the most critical changes in your business data as they happen so you can learn about them instantly. It automatically finds relevant insights, personalized to your interests and needs, so you could stop worrying about discoveries being missed in your business data.
- Yellowfin Stories lets you provide context and narrative to your data, and share the results with the business. Combine reports from multiple leading dashboard vendors with human interpretation, while collaborating with multiple users. Sharing insightful stories with transparent and clear narrative is guaranteed to increase your users’ trust and interactivity.
Refer to the latest release notes for further details on what's new in the latest version of Yellowfin: YF8_Release_Notes.pdf
- Support added for the new Yellowfin mobile app.
- Not all database drivers are shipped with Yellowfin because of licensing reasons. This means a new step during the installation process to specify the JDBC drivers. See the installation prerequisite section for more detail.
- The above change also effects prepackaged JDBC drivers. More here.
- LDAP functionality has been updated to allow LDAP group to be dynamically mapped to Yellowfin roles. More here.
- View relationships have been updated where outer joins can be treated as inner joins by adding a hidden configuration. More here.
- Additional backend configurations are added for report broadcasts to conserve memory and enable carbon copy. More here.
- SSL security and load balance configuration options are added for Vertica database. More here.
- It is now possible to have sub-totals on cross tab reports in the report builder. More here.
- Report column formatters now supported in charts tooltips in the form of a new 'Tooltip Formatting' configuration. More here.
- Published Stories have a new Summary option that includes the unique content ID (or publishUUid). More here.
- The data source web services can now also be supported in individual client organizations. More here.
- New 'Analyses max row returned' connection parameters are implemented to specify database row limit for automated analysis (i.e Signals and AI). More here.
Signals specific updates:
- Filtering can be done when setting up a Signal analysis in the form of a new step. More here in Step 4.
- Implemented the support of Seasonality in Signals analysis. This includes additional configuration parameters. More here.
- New functionality in Outlier signals is added to provide users with option to ignore outdated signals. More here.
- A new Clear signals option has been implemented that allows users to dismiss all old signals created by a job. More here.
- The Signals UI, and especially Signal Alerts has been improved, and now provides specific information. More here.
- Signal Analysis panel has been enhanced to display only significant charts. More here.
- A new type of Signal detection, called Breakouts, is possible. More here.
- Correlation functionality has been introduced to Signals that looks for matching patterns across all the views and databases. More here.
- A new step has been added to the Signal configuration to limit client organizations in the analysis. More here.
- Additional Signal actions have been introduced, including ownership, assignment, dismissal, closing, and sharing. More here.
- New role functions have been added to allow users to distribute signals, and to include external content into Yellowfin. More here.
- Revamped the rating process on a Signal to specify whether the information was useful or not. More here.
- Auto-analysis configuration settings are included to define good and bad characteristics with color differentiation. More here.
- Configuration settings have been implemented to cache Signal. More here.
- A set of general algorithm parameters have been added to the Signal setup. More here.
- It is also possible to pre-select time parameters. More here.
- The auto analysis generated in the Analysis tab of a Signal can be copied and edited as a new report. More here.
- New chart formatting settings, called Trim Display, are added to trim categories from charts. More here.
- Functionality to add external BI content into your Story has been improved. More here.
- It is now possible to explore a story linked to a signal. More here.
- Users can now be requested to write a story on a specific Signal. More here.
- You can also create a new report from within a story. More here.
- Yellowfin's web services SSO parameters have been updated for Story content. More here.
- Enhancements to the chart builder include support for dimension series for non-cross tab charts.
- Changes have been made to Dynamic and Repository clustering infrastructures.
- New web services are introduced to edit Yellowfin views.