A Discussion Stream is used to allow members of the business to collaborate; bringing users, Yellowfin content, and external links together in one place to be viewed and discussed.
Discussion Stream List
Tap on the Discussion Stream option in the menu, to bring up a list of streams.
|1||Filter the streams you view in the list. More here.|
|2||Click on the discussion tile to open the discussion stream. More here.|
The number of members belonging to this discussion stream.
Tap on the Follow button to follow the discussion stream. Similarly, tap on Following to unfollow or leave the discussion stream.
Use the filter to change which discussion streams to view in the list.
- Followed discussion stream: Show only discussions stream that you follow or are a member of.
- All discussion streams: Show all discussions streams regardless of whether you follow them or not.
Using a discussion stream
Tapping on a discussion stream opens it. You can view posts and comments made by other members that they wish to share with you.
Write a post
You can write a new post to add to the discussion stream.
- Tap on the text bar titled Write a post on the top.
- Then on the next page, type in your message.
- You can also tag people in your posts. Type @ to bring up a list of users.
- You also have the option of adding the following:
- Link: tap on the link icon to include a link or URL. This will bring up a new page where you can provide the link and tap on Add.
- Picture or video tap on the camera option to take a picture or record a video on the camera and include it in your comment; or tap on the image icon to add an existing picture or video from the gallery.
- Once you are done writing your post message, tap on the send icon in the top-right corner to add it.
- You will be able to see your post in the discussion stream.