Yellowfin provides users with the ultimate customization in how they wish to brand the product by choosing their corporate font. You can easily select a font to display your content in. This includes fonts applied to report details, tables, charts, dashboards, and even PDF exports.
Yellowfin contains popular fonts for all major languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, and more, that are automatically embedded on a user’s browser. This means that a user need not have a copy of a font file on each of their machines or servers for the font to display. They can simply select from a range of out-of-the-box fonts.
The default content font selection is “Libre Franklin”, but this can be easily changed through the Administration module. Click here for the tutorial.
You can upload your own font files in either .ttf or .otf. format via manual import using the Yellowfin Plugin Manager. The steps are provided further down this page.
Along with this, any fonts added to the Java font directory are also supported within Yellowfin.
Default font selection
Administrators can choose the default font for all Yellowfin content, and even further specify content styling within the configuration setting, such as specifying fonts for all report titles. The selected default font will appear consistently for all content, unless changed at a specific content level, for example a user selects a different font for a report.
The font setting list in Yellowfin displays numerous popular fonts that are categorized according to the main supported languages, with a section for custom fonts, i.e. the fonts manually imported by users via the plugin manager or added to the Java font directory.
- Navigate to Administration > Content Settings.
- On the Report Settings page, expand the Fonts section.
- Select a font for the Default Font configuration from the list.
- The sample text will display the font.
- Optional: To further customize font styling, expand the Styles section, then choose the content level to style, and specify a font type for it.
- Click on the Save button to apply the selected font to all your content.
- Note: Any content styling specified here, will be overridden by styling done at the content level. So if a user changes the font of a report’s data in the report builder, that styling will be used in the report.
Adding Custom Fonts
You can import .ttf and .otf font types to Yellowfin. This section explains how.
Tip: when manually importing fonts, remember the following:
- Always open each font file to see the font name inside the file, especially if the file was downloaded from the internet. This ensures the font file wasn’t saved with an incorrect font name.
- Besides the regular version of the font, remember to also import the bold and italic versions. Otherwise, bold or italic content will not be displayed.
- Font weights, such as light or medium, are currently not supported in the plugin manager.
- From the burger bun in the top left corner, click on Administration, then Plugin Management.
- Click on the Add button on this page.
- Drag your font file onto the draggable area of the popup that appears.
- To add more styles of this font, click + Add more, and repeat the above step.
- Enter a name and description of this font, and click Submit to upload it.
- The font will be listed on the Plugin Management page.