These instructions allow you to connect Yellowfin to an InterSystems IRIS data source.
Note that Yellowfin does not ship with the driver required for this connection due to licensing/paywall reasons. You will need to manually upload the driver through the Plugin Manager.
- Click on the Create button and select Data Source.
- Click on the Database option.
- Choose InterSystems IRIS from the list of available database options. New configuration fields will appear on doing so.
- Include Schema in SQL: Select this checkbox to add the schema name when addressing database tables in SQL queries.
- Database Host: Enter the name or IP address of the server hosting the IRIS database.
- Database Port: The TCP/IP port number for this connection. Set this to 51773.
- Name Space: Provide the IRIS namespace.
- JDBC Driver: The JDBC driver to talk to your IRIS database. Yellowfin will automatically select the correct JDBC driver to talk to your IRIS database.
- Username: Enter the username of your IRIS account.
- Password: Enter the password of your IRIS account.
- Once you have completed your connection information, you will have several options:
- Advanced Connection Editor: This will take you to the Data Source page in the Admin Console and allow you to edit all the advanced options available for your database.
- Test Connection: This will validate the connection parameters you provided to ensure it can connect to your database. If the connection was successful, a message will appear.
- Create View: This will save your connection and get you started on creating a view based on it.
- Save & Close: This will allow you to save your connection and close the New Connection popup, returning you to the page you were on previously.
- Cancel: This closes the New Connection popup without saving your connection, returning you to the page you were on previously.
- We recommend testing the connection, and then saving it by using the Save & Close button.