View List Functions
The search box allows you to restrict the list of views based on a keyword found in the view Name, Description, or Field.
Clicking on the Advanced option next to the search box will display three filters which can be used to restrict the views listed:
- Data Sources - this allows you to select an available data source connection, restricting the list of views to those based on this connection.
- View Categories - this allows you to select an available view category, restricting the list of views to those stored within this category.
- View Types - this allows you to select an available view type, restricting the list of views to those created using this type of builder.
Hovering your mouse over the name of a view in the list will allow you to see a short description of the view. Clicking on the name will start the report creation process using that view.
Hovering your mouse over the name of the view in the list will allow you to see a short description of the view, with the option to click on the More Details link.
The More Details link displays the View Information lightbox, which contains a preview of all the fields available in the view, and their folders and descriptions.
Clicking on the name of a column (View, Recent Use, and Source) will allow you to sort the view list by its contents, toggling ascending and descending order with each click.
You can nominate one view as a favourite in the list, which ensures it always appears at the top of the list when you create a new report.
Create Data Set
- New View - this allows the user to create a new View for report building.
- New Source Connection - this allows the user to create a new database connection. This could be to base a new View on, for use with a Freehand SQL report, or to create a writable source for CSV Import.
- Load CSV - this allows the user to import the contents of a CSV file for use in report building.